Entry Level System Engineer
We are looking for a junior engineer interested in applying your technical skills to help generate creative solutions to complex multidisciplinary problems. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full system development life cycle, from conception and design to installation and deployment.
As an entry level system engineer, you should be comfortable with the basic principles of computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and other disciplines. You should be a team player with strong communication skills. You should have a natural curiosity about details and not be afraid to ask questions to learn what you do not know. You should have an ability to look at problems from multiple perspectives in order to seek out the best solutions.
You will be joining a skilled team that constantly seeks to learn and leverages that knowledge to create solutions for our customers challenging and complex problems. As a member of the team you will work in a collaborative environment across a variety of technical disciplines fostering innovation and continuous learning. If you’re the type that enjoys a challenge and always wants to know more, we’d like to meet you.
- Work with project leads to decompose the system, understand tradeoffs, and develop solutions
- Participate in researching alternative methods, techniques, or approaches to support the team
- Participate in requirements generation, documentation, and reviews
- Participate in reviews of electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Participate in reviews of mechanical drawings and packaging concepts
- Participate in reviews of mechanical and graphical user interfaces
- Participate in reviews of software decomposition, APIs, and source code
- Participate in unit test and system integration test events
- Participate in root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and fault isolation activities
- Write technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field (e.g. electrical, mechanical, computer)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong desire to learn
- Additional degrees, minors, or coursework in other engineering fields a plus
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux a plus
Cardinal Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. We offer industry-leading employee benefits and growth potential is limited only by the candidate’s ambition. Candidates must be US Citizens and be able to obtain a Secret Clearance. Starting salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.