Financial Analyst / Contracts Administrator
We are seeking an experienced Financial Analyst / Contracts Administrator interested in applying your skills to a small business supporting primarily Federal government contracts and clients. This critical full-time role involves day to day operation of our accounting system and includes administration of contracts, modifications and purchase orders. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a small team supporting our overall financial operations. You will assist with proposal development and be responsible for ensuring our accounting system is up to date for all awarded contracts. As a member of the Finance team, you will work in a collaborative environment across a variety of technical disciplines fostering innovation and continuous learning.
- Support day to day administration of our PROCAS accounting system:
- Process all Accounts Payable (AP) including reviewing invoices
- Maintain purchase order commitments in accounting system
- Generate job numbers and project work authorizations for staff
- Update accounting system to reflect active jobs
- Work closely with our contracts manager to ensure the accounting system is kept aligned with all prime and subcontract modifications
- Analyze financial data for month end and complete monthly financial close reports
- Provide incurred cost reports, cost projections, and financial analysis to project managers and leadership as required
- Support cost proposal development as required
- Support internal and external financial projects and audits as requested by management
- Participate in preparation of company annual budgets for submission to the government
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience.
- Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experienced with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) requirements
- Prefer experience with PROCAS accounting system or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, complete tasks on time
- Ability to juggle multiple commitments as part of a fast-paced, dynamic small business
- Experience with various contract types, revenue methods, per diem rates, JTR/FTR, etc.
- Working knowledge of the FAR/DFARS
- Desire to expand knowledge and responsibility into management of contracts
- Ability to collaborate and establish relationships internally and externally
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Hybrid position (<= 50% remote and 50% in a Cardinal office – either Linwood, PA, Annapolis, MD, Washington, DC or Pawcatuck, CT)
- Willing to travel as required
Cardinal Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. We offer industry-leading employee benefits and growth potential is limited only by the candidate’s ambition. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S. Starting salary is commensurate with skills and experience and includes participation in our Performance Incentive Bonus Plan.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.